San Diego Saltless Water Softener Systems
One way to resolve hard water problems is by using a San Diego Saltless Water Softener System. Hard water comes about when minerals like calcium and magnesium are dissolved in the water. This is a natural process and occurs when water flows through the ground.
If your home has hard water, then you may experiences some of these issues:
- your hair and body still feels dirty after a bath or shower,
- your cleaned clothes are stiff, coarse, and rough feeling,
- you need more soap, shampoo, and detergent than what seems normal,
- your water tastes funny with a disagreeable aftertaste,
- your water is slightly brown or yellow,
- your faucets and toilets have calcium deposits,
Other issues are less apparent to a home-owner but are also caused by hard water. These include buildup of scale on the inside of your water pipes causing slower water flow; and a decrease in the efficiency of water-using appliances because of calcium scales (deposits). One way to resolve these problems is by using a water softener system.
Types of Water Softeners
In general, there are two types of water softeners: salt-based water softeners and salt-free water softners.
- Salt-Based Water Softeners: A salt-based water softener system removes the dissolved calcium and magnesium by exchanging it with sodium. Sodium is found in salt. This is why salt-based water softeners use salt: the sodium in salt is used to remove the calcium and magnesium.
- Saltless Water Softeners: As its name implies, a salt-less water softener system does not use any salt. This type of system works by converting the dissolved calcium and magnesium into crystals. The crystals do not form calcium deposits and do not interfere with the efficacy of soaps and detergents. Thus, this type of system will remove some of the issues caused by hard water; however, the term Saltless Water Softener is a bit of a misnomer because the water is not softened by the removal of calcium and magnesium. Some people prefer to call these Saltless Water Conditioning Systems.
A San Diego Saltless Water softener may be suitable for you if you are on a salt-restricted diet where you should reduce salt intake. Please call Coast Water Conditioning & Plumbing for details: (858) 488-8373.